Sunday, September 17, 2006

United 93

Okay different topic, but definitely worth mentioning (according to me). Last night Francisco and I watched United 93. The movie about the fourth hijacked plane that never reached it's destination because of the passengers and crew members.
This movie helped me to understand the fears, the pain, the confusion, and many other emotions that people passed through that day.
It helped me to appreciate teamwork, it helped me to appreciate the different talents the Lord has given each one of us, it helped me to appreciate how precious life is and the fact that we really have no idea when or how we will die, we just know it will happen sometime in our life (or do we fail to think about the fact that we won't live forever).
Most of all I could see the Lord's unfailing grace in it all. This plane crashed in an open field. What are the chances of that? It killed only the people on board and failed to reach it's destination (which I am sure was meant to be more destructive). I also thought to myself, these 4 hijackers on the plane were out to kill because that is what their God says is faith. But, if they decide to repent and accept Jesus Christ with all their heart....the Lord says their is forgiveness. Who are we? That The Lord FREELY hands out grace and makes it available to all. I am no better than these 4 hijackers (although I would like to think so), so the same grace that covers my sins, was made available to them as well. How many times to a FULLY appreciate Jesus and what he did for me and everyone else I come in contact with. The Lord is more than good. I don't even like to use the word good because I don't feel it is strong enough to describe who He is.
I have to admit sometimes I have gotten tired about all the "hype" about 9-11, but then again I do not even understand the affects of what happened that day. Sure we all remember where we were at that day (I can remember we were getting ready to leave for my uncle's funeral and someone turned on the t.v. and there it was....the two towers being hit. It was unrealistic and I remember being mad because I thought how dare this happen on the day of my uncle's funeral. selfish, yes. Worried, no). I have no idea the anger and pain that people may feel because they lost a loved one that day. I wasn't even really affected by it all. I wasn't even in the vicinity of the crashes, I had no family or friends affected...it was more or less like I was watching a movie.
So, I have many points to this blog, I guess I am just trying to make sense of the movie still, but I definitely have a new appreciation for the heroes on "United 93" and I also have a new appreciation for all the authorities that work eachday to protect us, allowing me to live a "normal" life. I don't have a clue what goes on in the "world of terrorism", but I am thankful for that.
See the movie. It's worth the $4.

No comments: