Saturday, September 16, 2006

Lamaze


So this weekend Francisco and I had our Lamaze crash course (Friday night 7-9pm, Saturday 9am-5pm). So Friday night was just movies and talking, but Saturday was the fun part! My favorite part was how they had our husbands give us massages to relax us and make our "contractions" less painful. The lights were down and she had calming music playing. Everything was calm, until Francisco and I crack up laughing about everything. We are not good together when it comes to behaving ourselves in a class. The instructor had us sit in a chair and the husbands massage our faces and temples...well Francisco was seriously suffocating me! I crack up laughing because I am suppose to feel "calm", but I feel more pain:) Then the instructor had us do some swaying back in forth motions and our husbands were suppose to hold on to us...well Francisco was moving my arms like a bird, like I was flying. What is this? I was laughing so hard I couldn't stop! I thought we were going to have to leave. Then she has us get on mats and try to imagine this. She wants to women to get on their hands and knees to practice opening to pelvis. What does my husband do? He gets up next to me on his hands and knees and barks at me like a dog! Okay, so good thing everyone was paying attention to the instructor because I had to remind Francisco that we were in public and we want the people to think we are "normal". Anyway, it ended up being a really fun day, he makes me laugh so much. In fact, the nurse giving the class said that laughing release endorphins and therefore make the contractions less painful. I think I am going to try and laugh the baby out! One of the grandmas that came with her granddaughter said, "well you kids were having a little too much fun over there." Maybe.
Anyway, the good news is I feel a whole lot better about giving birth. I am actually excited to accomplish this and I know I can do it. I was encouraged and a lot of my questions and doubts were answered.
**By the way the picture I have is of a birthing ball that Francisco called the "cow" the things that it sits on are apparently the utters. Anyway, Francisco enjoyed bouncing up and down on these balls. He's a BIG kid. Love him.

5 comments:

emily said...

Hilarious!! I was just imagining you guys and I was laughing so hard!! Sister, keep laughing and you will laugh this baby out! At least no one farted! Remember the pilates class you and Linds went to?! hee hee!!

Meghan said...

That is so funny! I actually thought about that. I laughed so hard at that pilates class. I thought if it would happen to anyone in this class....it would be us! The other day, we were actually walking behind a couple and they just let one rip...Francisco and I had to go down a different aisle to laugh. Farts will always be a funny thing to me.

Anonymous said...

meghan you are too funny- i can just picture you. trust me you won't be laughing the baby out :)- but i'm glad you feel more confident about it now :)

Meghan said...

Hey Jamie- Yeah I was thinking about that and the teacher said their was a woman who actually was makin gherself laugh to release endorphins and then she really started laughing. But, when I had those Braxton-Hicks contractions....which aren't even as painful as the real thing, I was groaning:)
By the way, Francisco wants to know how many days we can stay at the hospital because he thinks it's so nice, like a hotel (especailly the free corn flakes:) I think I'll be sick of it.

Anonymous said...

it just depends what happens to ya- like for me i was there for a week because i had a c-section (major surgery)- but usually i think it's just a couple of days. sorry francisco- just hide some snacks in your pocket.. they don't care :)
it is such a blessing to be there because you get to sleep at night too- they will bring the baby to you when he/she is ready to eat- then they take he/she back if you want. it's pretty nice- then to sweet blessings of reality! but it's so much fun meg! you guys are going to be such fun parents!