Tuesday, October 10, 2006

He has arrived!


Yup, it's a boy! Friday night October 6th at 8:15pm Guillermo (pronounced Gee-yer-mo, with a hard "g") Emanuel Moreno was born weighing 7 pounds 12 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long. We are amazed that the Lord has entrusted us with this precious life and we are also still in the
"is this really our son?" phase.
Below is a picture of him 5 mins after birth. He had a pneumothorax (collapsed lung) they took him to the ICU and we were unable to really bond with him until Monday. So we have had a lot of catching up to do:)
They said he was a little stinker. He would take his oxygen prongs out of his nose and put them in his mouth:)
Here I am holding him for the first time since birth. It was hard with all the cords, but it was still fulfilling. Check out his little hand curled up to his face...this is the way he likes to fall asleep, especially while he is feeding...I love it.
Here he is with his grandparents for the first time on Sunday
He is a proud dad. And I am proud to be his wife. I can't even begin to describe how much he has helped, I truly don't know how single moms do it...dads are SO IMPORTANT!
Look at this face...I would do it all over in a heartbeat.
Finally we get to go home! We were able to go home on Tuesday morning. Thanks grandma and grandpa for the new carseat...I already enjoy having my dad carry me around so I can sleep:)

12 comments:

Angie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! He's SO cute! I love his little striped outfit and his little curled up hand! You're a mom!!

Shadley said...

Yeah!!! I had a feeling you had had him, but I didn't want to call in the middle of labor! I am so happy for you. Please call me if you need anything, I have some nursing tricks if you've chosen to do that.

Welcome Guillermo!!!!

Anonymous said...

meg so happy for you guys- he is adorable! i keep wanting to call him edwardo- oops. guillermo!!

emily said...

I LOVE HIM!! It was so fun talking to you on Sat. I'm so glad that you called. I couldn't stop thinking about you and little Guillermo! I LOVE HIM! He is so cute!! I want him now! Seriously, it's so hard for me to be away! He is absolutely precious! Please, please send LOTS of pictures! Love you Meg. You did a GREAT job! You guys are going to be great parents! That pic of Francisco holding him is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Meghan and Francisco! Guillermo looks so cute! I'm going to love witnessing this journey your family is going to take from here on out! Love always!

Anonymous said...

Meghan,

Felicidades! Estoy tan feliz que por fin llego su querido ninito! Que Dios les bendiga! Por favor, enviame tu direccion y celular! Guillermo es tan bello y precioso!

Beth : )
bethdehaven@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Meghan,

Felicidades! Estoy tan feliz que por fin llego su querido ninito! Que Dios les bendiga! Por favor, enviame tu direccion y celular! Guillermo es tan bello y precioso!

Beth : )
bethdehaven@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I've been checking your blog since I heard the news from my sister (Emily W.). He is so beautiful, and I must say you guys picked a most excellent name! (Is there a special meaning for your name choice?) Congrats! Let us know if you ever need anything.

Meghan said...

Thanks you all for the sweet comments, it's crazy to think we are parents when it feels like just yesterday we got married:)
Shadley- my sis and parents actually called while I was in labor (I didn't answer of course), but they had no idea I was in labor...and I could hear the phone vibrating in my purse:)
James- it's okay what's the difference Eduardo, Guillermo? You're funny:)
Beth- So good to hear from you. I will send an email to you soon.
Jill- Guillermo is Francisco's brother's name...but crazy thing is, it means Willaim in English (Guillo=Will) so you will have to pass on to Will that he has a new friend:)
Em-I'm sure he loves you too:)

Julian said...

I KNEW IT!!! OH MY GOODNESS I AM OVERWHELMED BY THE ADORABLENESS OF GUILLERMO!

Meghan- I am beyond words happy for you- as you might imagine by my all caps. PLEASE let me know if you get anywhere near PA so that I can come visit you all. YAY!!!!!!!!

I love him too :D

hilary said...

He is such a gift, Meghan! I love being able to see pics of him!!! It makes being so far away a little bit easier. :-) I am thrilled! It's so precious to see your heart...it's oozing with love, my dear.

Chris said...

Congratulations Meghan! If he's as motivated a person as you are the world better watch out!