Monday, October 02, 2006

Banana boats, gender and carseats


So Francisco taught me how to make banana boats tonight! They are amazingly delicious. He went camping with our friend Wayne and some of the kids they minister to and they ate these. YUM! So, if you are like me and have never eaten them before this is what you do....cut one side of the banana peel down so it takes the shape of a boat...then scoop out with a spoon to make it sort of deep...eat the banana you are scooping out. Then, on top of the banana place chocolate and marshmallows then close the peel over top. In this case we just put it in the microwave. Now, these come really close to being better than 'smores...in fact I think they tie for being the best camp food. I know I didn't explain making them too well...if all else fails just throw a banana, chocolate and marshmallows together and melt them it tastes the same.

So for my second topic...all through pregnancy I have had strange dreams about our baby and everytime our baby has been a boy...so I just have to make the announcement now before the baby is born...so if it is a boy...crazy!

For my third topic...who would think buying carseats would be so dang difficult? Do you get a 3 point harness or a 5 point harness? Do you get a carseat that changes with each stage so you don't have to buy more than one carseat? Do you get a carseat that has a matching stroller it can fit into? Do you just buy a cheap carseat and worry about the stroller later? What brand holds up the best? Does any of this really matter? Francisco and I went on our third attempt to buy a carseat today and we came out with nothing! We got so frustrated because we just don't want to spend so much money on a carseat. Francisco claims we will just walk home from the hospital and worry about it later. He's funny. Anyway, just thought I would share that buying a carseat is not an easy thing...atleast not for Francisco and I:)

4 comments:

Shadley said...

i sent you a long email about carseats!

emily said...

I'm calling it...it's going to be a girl.

Meghan said...

Really? If it is we just might have to name her Emma Lou:)

emily said...

YES!! perfect!