Thursday, June 15, 2006

swollen feet and 10 pounds heavier


Okay since my husband doesn't seem shocked, maybe you women would appreciate the "oh no" feeling I felt when the nurse told me I had gained 10 pounds in the last 3 weeks, not the last 4 weeks, the last 3!!! That's about 3.3 pounds a week. That's a shocker. Let's just hope I don't continue on that path or I will have some major back aches. Although she did comfort me by telling me I was off to a really slow start with all my vomitting (which made me kind of appreciate the morning sickness in a strange kind of way). So I actually lost weight in the start of my pregnacy and overall I have only gained 14 pounds. Which according to the nurse, she says by the end of the pregnacy I should have gained about a pound a week and right now I am at 23 almost 24 weeks (so does that mean I can gain 10 more pounds this week and be right on track?:) So now I know why I can't bend over or breathe as easily as I used to. Plus, see those swollen feet? I think that is where 5 pounds might be. Great news: she siad they probably won't get any smaller:) I will make sure to post some more pictures of those swollen babies. By the way, those marks on my feet are from my sandals that used to be loose on me...now I can barely squeeze my feet into them.

No comments: