Saturday, June 24, 2006

Marriage 101



We are back. And just like our honeymoon it was sad to come back and start our regular schedule again. A word for all married couples, go to a marraige conference once a year! This was our second marriage conference (our first was a year ago before we got engaged). This conference was amazing! The interesting thing, is we can get so comfortable in our marriage and believe the lies that everything is going well and nothings needs to be changed. Until we hear the truth of the Lord do we realize how much we still need to strive to change. I don't know if any of this makes sense, it just really refreshed Francisco and I. We were together for 5 days and it was great. We went with a group from our Spanish church. Apart from our honeymoon we have not spent that much time together. It reminded me that he is my bestfriend and there is no one else with whom I would rather share my life with than him. We came back with a list of things we wanted to change in our walk with Jesus and strive to be more like him. I don't think there is anything more exciting in life than to see the Lord change each one of us and change us together making us more united. Anyway, I could go on and on about the family conference...but I think you all should just go to one (Family Life recommended). the pics are of Francisco and I in the hotel....he baught me a rose on night and the other is his huge sandwich he made and ate after a long day in workshops.

No comments: