Monday, June 12, 2006

Antojos

Antojos is Spanish for cravings, which at this point I am not having a lot of (which could be due to the fact that I like food in general). But, I will tell you a cute story. Besides crabmeat rangoons, laffy taffy and some other unhealthy stuff that I have craved I never tell Francisco I am craving anything. I think he was prepared to leave the house at 2am to go get me some exotic meal, but I just haven't been like that. So the other day we were driving home and I said, "Francisco, you know what I am craving?" With excitement Francisco wanted to know. I said, "Nachos" without letting me further explain my craving and without hesitation he whipped into the Taco Bell parking lot. He turned to me and said, "I am so excited you have a craving you haven't told me for 51/2 months that you have had a craving." I thought to myself, sweet thanks Lord that my husband is excited to buy me Taco Bell nachos because I'm not so excited to eat them:) My craving for nachos, were my friend Maria's nachos. I have never eatten nachos like her nachos....they are so delicious, not like the pre-made Taco Bell nachos, but without pausing I sucked it up and went inside Taco Bell to eat my nachos. To my surprise they satisfied my craving. The point is not that I get exactly what I want, but that the Lord has blessed me with a sweet man who found my craving exciting (a little strange, but sweet:).

No comments: