Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Otra foto



I couldn't help, but share another picture with you all from the ultrasound. You might have to stare at it for awhile to figure out exactly what you are looking at, but it's beautiful. Just so interesting to me how life is formed and how it all works. This morning Francisco and I prayed for many years together and with our family, we have realized how precious life is and each day should be lived, not merely survived. God is good and he has blessed us so much in our first year of marriage. Whoever said life as a christian is boring? Jesus opens our eyes to so much of the beauty in life and we are able to see it from the perspective of His creativity. He is so creative...ahh, the stories I have of the creativeness of the Lord in my life. He has made my life exciting and beautiful. It leaves me with no words for which I can explain.

The Ultrasound, which I explained in my first post was a neat experience (except for the fact that I had to have a full bladder, and who would have guessed, the baby's legs were right on top of my bladder giving me a little kick every minute). My sweet grandma came to share this day with us, which was a blessing. She has been fighting ovarian cancer since January and she is winning the battle. She sometimes feels very weak from the chemo, so this was a special trip she made for us. We love her dearly and she has been a part of my life in so many ways. My parents also came, which was sweet because we know they made their own sacrifices as well to be there. My mom (she makes me smile), like always came excited with her video camera in hand and was ready to take videos ( I felt like it was the birth). Anyway, they would not allow her video camera to roll, which is okay...it can remain memories for all of us that we were able to share. We didn't find out if it was a boy or girl..we want it to remain a surprise (I have this thought that it will make the birth less painful), but anyway our baby wasn't even going to make it possible for us to look (very modest baby...don't know who that would be after??).

Right now I am praying for moms. I want to surround myself with godly women who are mothers. No offense to anyway, it just makes me feel really old when I say those words....so that was a struggle. I feel like I have gone through three stages in a year, from singleness to married life to motherhood (and that's a little fast if you ask me) so I have some adjusting to do. Oh the changes, oh the adjustments, but oh the blessings are numerous!!

The one thing that has gotten me during this whole process is how can women be pregnant and not realize there is a God in control of all of this? It is amazing how our bodies change to prepare for the birth of our child (and the fact that a child can come out of us!) also how amazing afterwards the Lord has set up our bodies to care for this child. Breastfeeding? What? Only the Lord could think of something like that. Not only does it provide our babies with nurishment it promotes bonding. How fun he must have had in the process of creating the human.

To my dear friend Emily: I now understand what it is like to pee my pants. If I sneeze or cough with a full bladder I literally lose it all. I'm not sure what's going to happen when you are pregnant someday:)

*Fun fact: my sister is also pregnant (with her second child), she is due a month in a half before me.

No comments: