Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A day with our great grandma

Yesterday Guillermo and I decided to go visit my grandma (his great grandma). She has cancer for the second time in a year and starts chemo today, so I wanted to be sure that she got some time with him and that we were able to see her before the icky side effects of chemo set in.
Praise the Lord it was time well spent.
We got there around 11:00 and around noon the both of them went down for a nap and I just hung out trying to get things cleaned up. They have also been without electricity since Saturday so the place was comfortable for me, but a little cold for grandma.
Anyway, she is still recovering from surgery so I wasn't sure if she would be able to hold Guillermo, but she wanted to try. I was so thankful he just laid in her arms.
It was so nice that she could enjoy holding him, kissing him, and smelling him:) She thought he smelled so good!
All in all, I think she was happy we came. We were able to get some things done for her and she was able to snuggle with Guillo. We are always blessed to be with her.



This picture is sweet because if Guillo wasn't sleeping or eating he was looking at his great grandma. He was very interested in her.


We love our great grandma Donna.

No comments: