Sunday, February 18, 2007

Dads

(If you look close enough you see Guillo's little hand wrapped around Francisco's neck...he loves to sleep all cuddled).

I just need to say dads are essential.

And Francisco is a great dad by the Lord's grace. Francisco never had a good example growing up of what a father should be to their children, but he is such a wonderful dad. He loves Guillermo so much, hugs on him, kisses on him and plays with him. Most of all he's so proud.

Anyway, enough of that...he totally came to my rescue today! For 3 weeks I have been sick...2 weeks with strep throat 2 different times and now I have something else, not sure if it is a sinus infection or what. I just feel yucky. Francisco works long days and is usually exhausted by the time he gets home. And most of the time Guillermo's day has ended and is sleeping. So today Francisco left me home alone ALL DAY!! In fact, as I write this they are still gone. He took care of him in the morning while I slept and then he took him to church and now they are at Bible Study. I slept until almost 3pm today and I feel so refreshed. I could take another nap too. I know Francisco is tired, but he didn't say anything he just gladly took him. I am so thankful for him and I am so thankful for rest.

2 comments:

jamie said...

i agree- i can't imagine doing it without andy- he is such a great dad!

i saw Francisco on sunday night after Perspectives and he said that he had big G all day- and he said I am fine! it was great!

hopefully see you tomorrow!

Meghan said...

Funny. He says random things sometimes. So did he say you were fine or he was fine? ha! I am a little confused on that one. But, I can jsut hear him saying it which makes me smile.