Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Road trip to Virginia

So here was the order of events.
We left IC on Saturday the 23rd to go to my parents and see my brother and sister-in-law who flew in from Oregon:) Then on Sunday the 24th we celebrated Christmas in Dubuque and then on Monday the 25th we headed to Montezuma to celebrate Christmas with my grandma and the rest of our extended family.
Then on Monday the 26th we embarked on a 13 hour trip to Virginia to spend a few days with my sister and her family. It was Guillo's first road trip and he did great! The trip was one we won't forget. We were squished in a 7 passenger van, but their were many laughs and great memories. My brother was the all time sandwich maker and Francisco and I were designated to the back seat with our baby:) So I told my sister-in-law to take advantage of the front seat while she is pregnant because once she has the baby she will be thrown in the backseat:)
The following pictures capture some of the trip. It was truly a blessing to be able to be with everyone. I love my family.

Just the beginning...


We love our nephew Caedmon....he is such a sweet baby.
I think the guys were having more fun in Brighton's marching band than Brighton was:)
A nice walk around a lake in the mountains. They live in Blacksburg, which is at the foot of the mountains. Very pretty. They also took us to where Dirty Dancing was filmed...pretty cool. So the following pictures were taken by Tom. He does an awesome job of taking photos, that I think look pretty close to professional.

The whole family

Grandpa and Grandma with their grand kids

All three boys

Caedmon and Guillo

The Russian Santa Claus and the Mean Santa Claus...this one cracks me up!

My sweet baby boy






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meghan! I've been wondering how your Christmas went….sounds like a blast!