Monday, November 27, 2006

Thankful

This year was Guillermo's first Thanksgiving and Francisco and I's second Thanksgiving being married:) Like always we enjoy our time spent with family. Wednesday night we decided to go up to my parent's house in Dubuque. Thursday my dad made a smashin' turkey and I tried to master tamale making, while my husband and my dad worked on stuff outside that needed to get done. Friday Francisco got work in Davenport and my parents and I put on Christmas lights on around the outside of their house. It was a beautiful day! Saturday we all headed to my grandparents house and Sunday we had a thanksgiving meal there with my relatives. We really enjoyed our time spent with everyone and look forward to seeing people again during Christmas time.

There are so many things I am thankful for...here are a few I would like to share with you:

I am thankful for....
1.) Jesus
2.) my husband and being married to him

3.) our son and being entrusted with his life
4.) our church and bible study
5.) community and friends
6.) being with family
7.) the opportunity to live an adventurous life
8.) my ESL students and friends
9.) food, home, clothes, and a bed:)
10.) the days I have to spend with my husband and Guillermo
11.) when Guillermo smiles and coos
12.) when Francisco and I share a laugh together
13.) work
14.) my grandma being healed from cancer and having the opportunity to meet Guillo
15.) the word of God
16.) love
17.) creation
18.) the ability to communicate with my husband (speak spanish)
19.) memories
20.) the opportunity to study the Bible with my husband and grow in our relationship with the Lord together.


Guillo hanging with his grandpa



Guillo with his grandparents


4 generations

Gullio meeting his great grandma for the first time





Hangin' with the fam...

Great great aunt Zelda:) Not really...she's a life long friend of my grandma, but like family.

Great uncle Mike

Great uncle Mark

No comments: