Friday, August 11, 2006

Sleepless in Iowa City and Breastfeeding

So I am writing this post at 4am because I can't sleep (so please forgive me if I spell bad or don't make sense). I thought this for sure would not be a problem for me during my pregnancy due to the fact that I LOVE to sleep, but these last couple of nights it has been a challenge, then around 7am I am tired again. Maybe my body is just in training for when the baby is born and the odd hours I will be awake.
Anyway, Francisco and I went to a breastfeeding class last night from 6:30 until 9pm. Good information, but we were extremely bored! It was one of those classes that you could have used a few jokes or some more lively material, etc. Plus these old fashioned videos they show just don't help. We are hoping lamaze class will be a little more lively.
My doctor appt. went well yesterday, I haven't gained anything in the past 3 weeks...which was good, they said I was leveling out. My doctor thinks the scale was off last time, I think she's right:) Although she said I have only gained 21 pounds so far...which doesn't add up to the 24 another nurse told me 3 weeks ago...someone or something is off:) Oh well, I am not too concerned about the whole weight thing especially since I have a lot of fluid on board. Overall, I should be at 30 or 35 pounds she said. The baby is super active these days and sometimes I try and figure out what in the world it is doing in there, but I think that will be a mystery to me. Well, that's it for now! Hopefully I will be asleep in a few hours:)

1 comment:

emily said...

I will pray for your rest sweetie!
I miss you!! and LOVE YOU!!! I can't wait until October to see picture of this sweet baby!