Monday, August 21, 2006

Braxton-Hicks

So Francisco didn't have work last Thursday so we took off for a three day vacation to Dubuque to visit my parents. We had a nice relaxing time, except for the fact I didn't feel well and then to top it off I woke up about 3am one night because I was having horrible pain in my stomach. We called the on-call nurse with fear that maybe I was in pre-term labor (First timers...not real sure how everything feels). The nurse said to take a warm bath and tylenol and then if they did not go away in an hour to be seen at the ER. Well, it worked...we think they were just the braxton hicks contractions and around 8am we were able to go back to bed and get some rest. False alarm...thank the Lord because a pre-term labor is not in my plans (too many things to do before the bay is born:) Well, that's it for now. I am now 33 weeks...7 weeks left and counting down:)

5 comments:

emily said...

Meghan--
Wow! Too bad you didn't go to the ER in Iowa City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hee hee!!
I can't believe that you only have 7 weeks left!! That is so exciting! I'm praying for you and that baby that he/she will stay in there as long is he/she needs to! Both for you and for the baby!! Love you so much and miss you!!

Meghan said...

Thanks for the prayers sister.

Anonymous said...

I'm peeing in my pants with excitement. Meghan's going to be a mommy! Oh my goodness! You and the little one can go on 3 a.m. runs to get ice cream at Walmart. Just remember me when you do it. :)

Anonymous said...

That was Wilma by the way...

Meghan said...

Wilms-
You are funny! I forgot about the ice cream run...I am sure the baby and I will be up, but I will just make the run to my freezer instead..since Francisco's favorite food is ice cream and it seems to always be in the freezer:) Love ya!

Em-I can't go to the ER..not without you! Maybe when you come back to visit I will think of a reason to go. Thanks for praying..I am hoping that it will stay in there too:)