Sunday, August 05, 2007

We love you Caedmon

Okay, first of all I am way behind on keeping all you peeps up to date....so the posts will come, probably in a BIG load.

Anyway, I have to blog about my sweet boy Guillermo and what happened today.

My sister and I made this picture frame of our three boys for our mom and dad. They placed it at the bottom of the stairs as you go to the basement (sounds like such a hidden place for it, but it really does look good:)
Today I was going to the basement with Guillermo to play and he started squealing and going crazy with excitement. I thought, he has never been this excited to go to the basement before. Then I looked at him and he was making eye contact with his buddy Caedmon (the one on the far right). So I stopped and we chatted with him for a little bit...Guillermo was talking and smiling the whole time, totally filled with excitement.
So what do you know, on our way back up the stairs he looks right at Caedmon and starts talking again.

This is amazing to me for a few reasons. First of all, he is only 10 months and the fact that he looks at a picture for seriously a quick second and realizes who it is, is not only amazing to me, but the point that on the way back up (after some time has passed) he can recall exactly where he saw is cousin and look for him once again.

Maybe, I am unfamiliar with at what age they start recognizing and doing things, but he just seems so smart to me.
It was a sweet moment and although he can't tell me I could see the love he has for his cousin.
I love being a mom. It's amazing.

No comments: