Friday, April 11, 2008

Just want to share....

I just wanted to write and share with you all how good and gracious the Lord is. It just hit me tonight (and about everyday) that the Lord supplies everything we need and so much more. Francisco and I smile and sometimes get a chuckle out of the way the Lord works. We are considered poor in the eyes of the world. We just make enough money to pay rent, the bills and food...the basic needs. But, we seriously live like rich people. It is so sweet to see the Lord provide. Let me share some of the things in our lives that have been given to us by other people. This list blows my socks right off my feet!

1.) Our so comfortable bed (wedding gift)
2.) Our awesome bedroom furniture.
3.) Our laptop
4.) Our printer
5.) Our Kitchen table
6.) sofa and love seat (that are only 4 years old)
7.) T.V. stand and end table
8.) Guillermo's bed and dresser (pretty much is whole room)
9.) A nice T.V. and sofa that are in our basement
10.) Clothes for Guillermo and toys and shoes.
11.) all of our dishes, cups, etc.

Practically everything in our home has been given to us. Now, these are the materials...seriously if the Lord is excited to give us this much how much more excited is he to give us his time. I have a relationship with Him not because of the gifts he gives me, but because He satisfys my deepest needs. He is the reason I was created. I am so thankful for the hope that is found in Christ Jesus. I don't worry about bills, rent, clothing, food, shelter, transportation, etc. because I know from experience that the Lord has never failed to supply us with everything we need. There is so much more to this life than materials, but I am also encouraged when the Lord blesses us with things we never even dream of having.

No comments: